Monday, December 6, 2010

New Beginnings

Perhaps the first revelation I had when I began reading "The Four Agreements," by Don Miguel Ruiz which teaches us Toltec Wisdom is that 'Wisdom' is God and the teachings are based on the Word of God; illustrated for daily application.  I appreciate that it is presented in a different package, for simple application.

While I am incorporating these agreements to improve myself and my relationships, I have implemented daily prayers to compliment the new agreements.

1.  First Agreement - "Be impeccable with your word"- May I speak truth and show forth righteousness. Proverbs 12:17

2.  Second Agreement - "Don't take things personally"- Help me Lord to resist offense and abound in the love of Christ.  Phil 1:9-10

3.  Third Agreement - "Don't make assumptions"- Help me Lord not judge myself or others, but seek truth, and follow peace.  Show truth, mercy, and kindness to me and my family.

4.  Fourth Agreement - "Do your best always" - May I stand strong in your grace, covered in your favor as a shield.  For I am nothing apart from you and can do nothing without you, but can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment