Friday, August 20, 2010

Nostalgia

The other day caught in a wave of nostalgia I impulsively spent a ridiculous amount on a set of Winnie-the -Pooh checks. I choose to call it nostalgia and not insanity!


This is because it is in our innate nature to want to be comforted when we are going through a difficult or stressed time. Such as the term, "comfort food!" (Which is a whole blog in itself!)


For me, Winnie-the-Pooh congers up fond childhood memories; when I would cuddle up in bed and spend the whole day getting lost in the ten-acre wood. As for my favorite character of the bunch it would be a toss up between Pooh himself and the charismatic Tigger. Christopher Robin would be my least favorite, perhaps because he did not offer any of the animated characteristics of the others. Believe me whatever Disney could come out with that featured Winnie and his friends, I had it!


So, when I was looking through the mundane check series and my eyes caught glimpse of the ten acre wood with that beloved bear and his endearing honey pot; I failed to realize I was no longer in the free checks, but crossed over into the luxurious specialty check series. By then, it was too late; I was headfirst in nostalgia and had to have them.


This morning however, on my way to Wal-Mart to go food shopping because I could not afford the shopping pleasure of Publix this week, that warm nostalgic feeling I enjoyed has now turned to shoppers remorse!

No comments:

Post a Comment